What is Evangelization?
Catholic Evangelization means, “Bringing the Good News into all the strata of Humanity, and through its influence transforming humanity from within and making it new.” –Pope Paul VI from Evangelization in the Modern World
Why Bother Evangelizing?
- Pope Paul VI would say, “Evangelizing is in fact the grace and vocation proper to the Church, her deepest identity. She exists in order to evangelize…”
- If the message of Jesus is true then it changes EVERYTHING! It means we have a God who created us in love and despite our sin and muck He desires us. It means we have a personal God not willing to be sidelined by our pain and disobedience. God relentlessly seeks after us and wants a relationship with us. If we truly believe this how could we not respond and share it with others?
- Love wants the best for the other, and best anyone can have is eternity with God in heaven.
How can I get involved and evangelize?
Here are just a few simple things everyone can do:
- Draw close to Jesus in a personal way through prayer, sacraments and mass.
- Listen to Gods voice through reading Scripture, study and silence.
- Listen to others without growing defensive. Try to empathize
- Consider God’s will for your life and daily interactions. “What would God want me to do? How would Jesus want to respond to this person through me?
- Lovingly invite friends and family to pray with you:
- Before meals
- In times of difficulty and grief
- Attending weekly mass
- Attending some other parish offering
For more information about evangelization or to find out more about joining the Evangelization Committee contact: Mike Chamberland - [email protected] - 248.474.5720