About the Parish

Our Lady of Sorrows Parish had its beginning in the fall of 1927 when Bishop Michael Gallagher appointed Fr. Edward O’Mahoney as pastor of the area bounded by Six Mile Road (S), 14 Mile Road (N), Beech Road (E), and Haggerty Road (W). A narrow strip of land along Shiawassee Road, including a "big white house" on the corner of Power Road was purchased.
Click here to learn more about the art and architecture of Our Lady of Sorrows Church.