FIRST RECONCILIATION & FIRST EUCHARIST PREPARATION
All Important information, calendar, and progress is available in your SchoolSpeak
account. If you need help logging in, please contact our office at 248-474-6480.
Faith Formation is a lifelong process and parents are the primary spiritual and moral educators of their children. As the Catechism of the Catholic Church says so beautifully,
"Education in the faith by the parents should begin in the child’s earliest years. This already happens when family members help one another grow in faith by the witness of a Christian life in keeping with the Gospel. Family catechesis precedes, accompanies, and enriches other forms of instruction in the faith. Parents have the mission of teaching their children to pray and to discover their vocation as children of God. The parish is the Eucharistic community and the heart of the liturgical life of Christian families; it is a privileged place for the catechesis of children and parents” (Catechism, 2226])."
Our responsibility as a parish church is to support parents in their role as the primary teachers and evangelists of their families. Through our full range of Religious Education programs, we seek to give the children in our care the knowledge, experience, and skills necessary to become faithful and fruitful disciples of Jesus.
Our Sacrament Preparation is in partnership between parish, religious education office, school and home working together to provide a rich, thorough process of developing a true understanding of the gift being offered, when completed according to its design, through the Sacraments. We are very proud of this process.
Our staff works diligently to assure that materials and teaching methods used are proven effective and relevant to the learner.
The preparation includes
* Being enrolled in the parish school or after-school Religious Education program
* Providing Baptismal Certificate to the Religious Education office
* Selection of your First Communion Date
* Attendance at the Rite of Enrollment
* Letter to Jesus
* Completion of the Blessed Reconciliation and Blessed Eucharist material at home with a parent
* Attendance at the Dinner with Fr. Mark
* Participation in the a workshop for each Sacraments
* Completion of the Sacrament of Reconciliation
* Completion of First Holy Communion
Contact the Religious Education Office for more information at 248-474-6480 or email@example.com